Thursday, September 6, 2012

To Hem or Not to Hem

I seriously have the blues when it comes to jeans (pun intended). I'm barely 5'1", so even when I buy "petite" or "short", they are never short enough. The only exception are Calvin Klein Jeans in a 27" inseam. But gone are the days when I can spend more than $20 on a pair. Sigh.

I have rarely had the satisfaction of buying and wearing a pair of jeans on the same day. Hemming is always involved. Whether it's me doing a quick job hand-sewing, having my Mom do it for me with her sewing machine, or taking it to the tailor, it has to happen.

This is a great tutorial I found years ago and I'm glad to see it's still up as I ponder what to do with my new skinny Old Navy jeans, which were $15, by the way, and super comfy.

I'm really glad cuffing your jeans is a thing right now because that I can do right away. Between a cat who loves to attack my thread and a baby who needs to be entertained, I'm guessing I'll be cuffing a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment