Thursday, September 20, 2012

Autumn Cleaning?

As we face another year in our cozy, but somewhat small and lacking storage space, townhouse, I'm ready to get down and dirty making improvements wherever I can.

Growing up, my Mom loved (okay, maybe not "loved", but certainly knew it was necessary) to do deep cleans in our house and put away summer clothes to make way for winter, and vice versa. She also knew that sometimes to make things better, you had to tear everything apart, and she would often reorganize entire rooms in a day. This has definitely rubbed off on me, and since I had a baby in the Spring, a true Spring cleaning didn't really happen. Yesterday, I began to tackle our kitchen -- pulling items that I no longer use to sell or give away, cleaning the fridge, organizing my cookbooks. I'm only about halfway done and I already feel like I can breathe a little better. I hope to do room by room in the next few days, and with the aid of Pinterest (which I'm just now "getting" for some reason), I hope to maximize the space we have.

With holidays coming up, and a few visitors already making plans to stay here, I think it will make things that much more inviting and warm, which is what this coming season is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment