Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Labor Day!

Gosh, this is corny of me, but hanging out with my husband and baby on Labor Day, I couldn't help but think of my labor day, just about 6 months ago. It really was a great experience, and it's hard to imagine ever saying that after going through during labor and delivery.

It's painful, it's difficult, it's long, but that old cliche of all that sort of washing away once you see your baby's face is true. And that would definitely explain why women choose to do it again and again.

I feel incredibly fortunate that I was caught off guard, rather than having to go past my due date, anxiously awaiting my boy's arrival. My water broke 8 days before my due date and our baby was born exactly one week before my due date. From the time I checked into the hospital until Canon was born, it was just about 12 hours, which was not bad at all for a first-timer. The doctor and nurse that were primarily assigned to me were wonderful, and next thing I knew, I was a Momma.

I'm not exactly ready to relive the experience, but I am glad that I can look back on it with a fondness, because I know not every woman can. It was the hardest thing and the best thing I've ever done and you can officially add me to the group of women who would say, "Totally worth it."






No comments:

Post a Comment