Monday, September 17, 2012

Time to Bake!

Yeesh, between working a few extra hours, a sick baby and then a sick me, this blog has been sorely neglected. I'm feeling a bit better today and shirked a little responsibility to do something I really enjoy: baking!

Since C was born, I haven't had a ton of time or energy for this, until recently. As my husband pointed out, it is a fun and rather inexpensive hobby for me to have. Sure, the baby weight might come off a little more slowly, but I really enjoy having a cup of coffee and a baked good in the morning. It's something that I really look forward to. I decided today that I'm going to build up my pantry a little better so that pretty much whatever I'm in the mood to bake, I'll ensure I have the ingredients to do so. Today, I plopped my son in the exersaucer and got to work on these applesauce muffins. They came out really yummy and I'll be making these again!

Here are some handy tips to keeping your muffins from turning into mush.


Another recipe that I've made twice so far in the past few weeks is this carrot cake recipe from the Playing House blog. It's amazing and you can't go wrong with copious amounts of cream cheese frosting. My husband has requested this every week. That won't happen, but it's definitely in the rotation. Carrots are healthy, right?

I won't be entering pies into the State Fair contest anytime soon, but for now, I'm enjoying my little hobby and eating well because of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment