Thursday, November 15, 2012

The exciting life and times of a Mom

It's sort of ridiculous what makes me happy these days, aside from the obvious, like my son and husband. I ordered a new shower curtain on Amazon last night and I can't wait for it to come tomorrow. By the way, it's a boring, ol' clear shower curtain. I remember when C was a little baby, I "splurged" and bought this white, rubbery watch at Target. It made me sincerely happy. Ordering and buying toys is also a big hit for me. For my son, not so much. His reaction is hardly ever what I hope for when I present him with said gifts, but he's 8 months old, so I'll cut him some slack.

A few weeks ago, I went out sans baby to see my husband play in a couple bands. My friends were there, it was late, we were in a club. I felt a small semblance of who I was at one time. But, getting home and going to be very late, I still had to be up early. The baby does not care. And to be honest, as much fun as I was having, I still felt off. Obviously, my life has changed. The things that excite me has changed. My idea of fun has changed. I like me better now, and I like what I've learned being a mom so far, as short of a time that it's been. Being at home with my little family, going for walks and to the park, it is truly satisfying. And so are shower curtains.

No comments:

Post a Comment